Upcomming Services in the next 14 days
|Sunday, 8th August 2021||11:15 AM||Holy Communion||Holy Communion||Steventon|
|Sunday, 15th August 2021||09:30 AM||Holy Communion||Holy Communion||Ashe|
The Church continues to be alive and active.
(see Events section for local updates)
In line with current COVID 19 restrictions and advice from the Church of England, services are being restarted in some benefice churches in a limited form. (please check back for further updates, as the situation is constantly under review), churches and churchyards are generally open for quiet, individual, private prayer and contemplation every day. (between approx. 9am and 5pm).
Please be aware that you enter the church at your own risk, so it is your responsibility to take whatever precautions you consider appropriate, but as a minimum we ask that:
- Upon arrival at church you make use of the hand sanitizer provided.
- Common sense is used to maintain 2m social distancing from other people who may be using the church at the same time as you. There should be only one person (or family) to a pew, so if a particular pew is already occupied then please avoid the pews immediately in front or behind.
- You try to avoid touching surfaces and objects within the church.
- Please let us know ASAP if you have visited our building and subsequently develop symptoms of, or test positive for Covid19.
- Most of the churches have an NHS track and trace QR code to scan
- Please do not use the buildings to meet with other people for a chat
Although our benefice is in vacancy at the present time, we are being supported by Rev James Russell. Please visit the contacts page at this link. [Contacts]
You may also like to access one of the many electronic resources to help keep us together as a worshipping community. Please use this link [Resources]
We will be following Church regulations and guidelines for Public Worship with regard to safety and hygiene procedures. It is fully understood that, for a variety of reasons, not everyone will want to join in public worship yet. Please only join the services when it feels right for you.
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength . . . Love your neighbour as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.”